Monday, July 18, 2011

The Monday Poll

VFTD promised you a self-serving The Monday Poll--and when I say self-serving I mean one squarely aimed at the interests of VFTD, not you--and I am determined to deliver on that promise. Besides, a look at the news of the world this morning and a short respite from reality looks to be in order. For a look at the future of the U.S. & the dollar take a look at the Eurozone; Greece, Ireland & Portugal in particular then look at Spain & Italy and be grateful (while you can) that the dollar is the world's reserve currency--for now. The U.S. markets have all seen a 1%+ drop in early trading today and the money isn't going into Treasuries, it's going into gold & silver. The norm is bonds but the returns are below meager--and trust is faltering. Congress is gutless and the President is insane--or just plain stupid, or both. And the time is rapidly approaching when one unexpected gust could send the whole house of cards tumbling.
On the bright side The Monday Poll is back (for this week anyway.) This week VFTD wants to know if any of you lazy slackers would have any interest in stuff like VFTD (Deadbox Puppet Arny) branded T-shirts or headbands. Everybody does it (spin off products and/or promotionals) but it seemed like work so I dismissed the original thought immediately. Even so, it comes up every now and again (in the mailbag)--which I've mostly managed to ignore--but should there be any real interest I may be able, in the near future, to work something out--without much in the way of real work being involved. Otherwise, well, you know, it was never gonna happen. I expect a certain level of return on my time and labor investment and somehow a limited run of novelty T-shirts didn't sound like the best idea. However, with this poll I will leave the final outcome up to you, the lazy slackers, who manage, now and again, to stop by and read VFTD.
Please note the poll question asks if you would buy. I don't care if you'd be interested in thinking about maybe making a purchase. That my friends is the bottom line. Will I hold you to it? Of course not but I really am interested in how seriously you would consider such a silly purchase. You may, btw, choose more than one "answer" in this poll. You know what to do now. Vote!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anon #2 says:-

VFTD headbands and tshirts? Hell, yeah! Why stop there - how about a VFTD longsleeve?

Anonymous said...

Anon #2 says:-

Or how about a t-shirt that says "I'm a lazy slacker and I have the t-shirt to prove it"?

In fact, you're on a roll. I want it all - VFTD AND DPA headbands & goggle straps. Let's double-strap those suckers. Oh, and can we get a lazy slacker hand signal, too?

Don Saavedra said...

I would prefer DPA branding, as that would be more obscure and therefore easier to hold in disdain anybody who does not understand the reference.

This seems keeping more in line with the actual culture here at VFTD. Oh, and have the nice kids at Muse do the shirts.

Baca said...

Excellent ideas, one and all.

Don,
A good choice but I already have a design studio in mind.

I also hereby announce that planking is the official hobby of VFTD.

Anonymous said...

I would prefer a simple understated pin-badge, but I'm European, so I understand the meaning of style (less is more)
Load up with some 3xl white T's with gaudy designs for your US readership though, for sure.

sdawg said...

I would like a DPA-themed laser-engraving design for my "gat." Preferably the design would include skulls, guns, and/or naked chix on it. Of course, it would also have some defiant phrase like "DPA4LIFE & EFF ALL Y'ALL"

Anonymous said...

I just want mine signed, cause any self indulgent, lazy slacker, would'nt have it any other way... dpa forever
steve, Annandale paintball
ps your worth every penny

Unknown said...

And here I thought I was the only person writing about politics, the economy and paintball.

Baca said...

Actually, Reuben, until a few weeks a go I was the only one. ;-)

Missy Q said...

oh, Reuben, did you just get served?

Anonymous said...

Yah, he did, he got served...

Reiner Schafer said...

How about Dead Puppet Army condoms? I could see those selling outside the paintball market as well.

Don Saavedra said...

This is how I feel about planking, Baca:

http://i.imgur.com/iKBdZ.gif