Tuesday, August 5, 2014

PSP Riverside

PSP's second summer event is coming up this weekend at Rancho Jarupa Sports Park in Riverside (or thereabouts) Cali. Anybody taking bets on days above 100 degrees? I haven't checked--mostly 'cus I'm not sure I want to know. While total team numbers are down some the majority of the teams competing are still in the hunt and looking to set themselves up for a killer Cup. Which should make for some hard charging competition all weekend long. Toss into that mix three perennial Champions sitting in Challengers with no more than two of them able to make the move back to Champions in time for Cup and every match from the first prelims on Friday takes on added significance. Will we finally see the *real* Art Chaos? Can VCK hang with the big boys? Have you seen the Champions prelim schedule yet? Who will escape the bracket of doom. It's gonna be a weekend of hot action. And between you and me I'd as soon be relaxing in my recliner and watching the webcast on the flatscreen. Follow the stories and catch all the action on PBA's webcast starting Friday.
Meanwhile, since I'm outta here at first light tomorrow don't expect much for a day or two but I will try to post daily updates from the event. 

3 comments:

playmisty4Q said...

See, this kind of writing is what needs to filter over to the webcast guys. I got more excited about the event from reading that piece than through any other media surrounding it.

Matty should be thankful you have a face made exclusively for radio...

Baca Loco said...

You're too kind ... hey, wait a minute.

Anonymous said...

I could imagine this line for line as a webcast spot with you sitting in a beach chair under an umbrella.