Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Reply From GI

The plot thickens. I have received both emails and phone calls direct to my secret bunker--somebody leaked the information--and in response I am happy to post, as a courtesy & with permission, the contents of one of the emails. The sender is Opie Thomas, who is a big muckety-muck at GI and who I have known for a number of years on a friendly basis. As have most if not all of the PB industry and many others involved in the game. I have no intention of challenging his statement. What I have done is follow up with my sources and after having done so decided not to remove the original post or issue a retraction. What I will do is leave it up to y'all to make up your own minds--such as they are.

Paul,

This is Opie from Gi Sportz. I am writing to let you know that as of right now GI Sportz has not purchased Procaps. Unless you see a Press Release from us stating so, the rumors are not fact.
Thanks,


Opie

David 'Opie' Thomas

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

In other news Opie has been let go in favor of keeping on some staff at the newly aquirerd Procaps. Sources confirm.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the rumors aren't coming true, not very surprised.... Should prob get FACTS before posting garbage like this. Families and peoples jobs are at stake.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous #2: AMEN. This Baca has no integrity.

Anonymous said...

Anon #3: Agreed.

Reiner Schafer said...

Haha. The Anons all agree with ONE another. Classic.

Anonymous said...

Baca Loco said...
Anon #5
You are a toolbox. You want to me to out my sources in a public forum and you call that integrity. I'll give you this: I have a minimum of 3 separate sources for this report.

WOW!!! YOUR MINIMUM OF 3 SEPARATE SOURCE SUCK!!!

Missy Q said...

yeah, I've been doing that for ages - watch:

Missy is the Greatest Rapper on the East Coast!

Anonymous said...

For real Missy, you really are the greatest. Props to you!

Anonymous said...

I agree. Missy rocks!

Missy Q said...

Thanks Guys!

Anonymous said...

How are 'families and peoples jobs at stake'? The company is being bought as a going concern (and it has been bought, btw), so peoples jobs should be fine, with one or 2 obvious exceptions perhaps.

Anonymous said...

smart guy, if the company is bought then who bought it?

Joe said...

You have lost credibility with me as a journalist.

Baca Loco said...

Anon(s)
Was that all the voices in your head? Too bad they all have the same IP. Numbnuts.

But it was good for a laugh.

Matthew said...

@Baca Classic.

Don Saavedra said...

If any paint breaks in your barrel next year, I think we all know who to blame now: Baca.

Furby said...

I'm just having a ball watching all the "No Comments" flying around...