Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Enough Already!

So here I'm breaking one of my own rules and going off topic but either I get this off my chest or I start mutilating neighborhood cats. Again.
Could Brett Favre get over himself, retire (again) or, better yet, just shut up and go away. And maybe even more annoying is ESPN's self-aggrandizing delusions of sports journalism with their incessant breathless interruptions in their regular programming to provide up to the minute reportage on Favre's every trip to the can. Talk about everybody involved taking themselves way too seriously.
No player is bigger than the team and last year's Packers never get within a sniff of the Superbowl without the emergence of Ryan Grant. All Favre has managed to demonstrate is that after hemming and hawing every off season since 05 he decided to officially retire only to discover the Packers didn't camp out on his porch and beg him to come back and it stung. Now he wants to play for Minnesota to show them they shouldn't have treated him like that.
Hey, Brett! You retired! R-E-T-I-R-E-D. All this soap opera has achieved is to prove you're just another narcissistic athlete.

No comments: