Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pro*file: Zack Patient

Bet you weren't expecting a Pro*file, were you? Me either, but Zack was bored in class one day and so here we are. Consider this a friendly reminder that the opportunity remains open ended if you happen to be a pro player. Hit VFTD up anytime and we'll make it happen. Now, back to Zack. (Photo courtesy of FeatureThisPB.com)

Name: Zack Patient
Age: 19
Hometown: Palos Heights, IL
Occupation: Employed student bullet shooter
Family: Both my rents Larry, Sherri, and my sister Teri. Yeah, I’m the one left out without the rhyming name
Interests other than paintball: Love to snowboard in the winter, skimboard in the summer, hanging out with my friends and getting wild in the chi!

Questions:
1. What was your first paintball experience and who introduced you to the game?
Back when I was about nine years old, I went to my friend’s birthday party at the badlandz and I’ve been hooked ever since. My first paintball friend had to be Nick Van Gemert. He brought me up in the beginning and [we] are definitely still good friends ten years later.

2. What team do you play for now?
Chicago Aftershock and Windsor Lockdown

3. What teams have you played for in the past?
Thunderstruck, Denver Altitude, RNT Allstarz, LIFT, Excessive

4. What role do you play on your current team?
I’m the guy that everyone laughs at before the point because I get sent the farthest haha but I play front dorits or snake. Love my job on the field

5. Who are your favorite paintball players?
I really don’t have a favorite player. I respect a lot of people in the game and try to make myself as rounded as I can from the things I notice from other players

6. What’s your best paintball experience or memory?
There is no way I can pinpoint a specific experience or memory through my paintball career that stands out the most. I’ve played on numerous teams from all over the place and have met so many amazing people I truly feel blessed. Winning is definitely hard to forget with my best friends on DA and RNT, but I’m seriously dedicated to my teams now and look forward to helping them achieve the dream!

7. What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve done in order to play paintball?
Haha ohh man there are a couple crazy things that come to mind. One was when DA played 7-man in Tampa, we were so broke that when we all flew in we had zero funds for a rental car. We ended up selling some paint or something and rented a busted down U-Haul van. The funny thing was that only two people could sit in the front and the rest of us had to ride in the pitch black back of the U-Haul on our way to the field haha we would jump around and throw stuff at each other it was nuts. Never forget when Towlie rode in the back naked haha if you knew him you would understand. RIP

8. What are the single most important lesson the up and comer needs to learn?
I believe it’s the dedication aspect you have to have to achieve greatness, not only in the paintball world but also in anything. If you eliminate the controversy and stay focused on your goal, it will come. I’ve played a lot of sports throughout my life and realized everything isn’t always going to be fair. You have to block out all the bs and give them no choice but to pick you up, put you in, or whatever it is!

9.What keeps you playing paintball?
My dedication to become the best. I’m addicted to winning and that feeling you get when your hard work pays off, especially with your best friends. If it wasn’t for my friends keeping me going I don’t think I would be where I am today. Definitely want to thank my mom, Nick, Yaya, Damian and LJ for keeping me somewhat sane haha

10. Do you have any superstitions related to playing paintball?
I definitely have to have my rings on while I play. There have been times where I had to turn around (already being late) and go back to the hotel or house to get them. No one really understands why I’m so weird about it but that’s a big superstition. I have habits and routines like before matches I always walk around with my headphones on and put myself in a zone. You might see me by myself like a goon in a corner blaring my music and stretching. That definitely gets me ready before I play!

Bonus Picks (Choose one of each pair listed)
(Ketchup/Mustard) ketchup fosh
(Coffee/Tea) neither, kush and OJ!
(Whole grains/white bread) Whole grain Im a health freak
(Pizza/Steak) Love both
(Dog/Cat) Dog, hate cats so much
(Car/Truck) Fast cars
(Harley/Ducati) Ducati
(Gym/Beach) Gym then hit the beach after
(TV/movies) Movies, everything on TV is garbage
(PS3/Xbox) xbox, COD and NHL all day
(Ken/Barbie) Big titty blonde duhh

VFTD: Seems Zack didn't quite grasp the idea behind the bonus picks but that's okay 'cus he's a dog person. Still, I can't help but wonder if he didn't go overboard on the last one. You got nothing to prove, Zack. Thanks for participating.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Kush and OJ, breakfast of champions ;)

Anonymous said...

great choice of fruits and vegetables Z.

Missy Q said...

I find that the OJ sometimes dumbs down the effect of the Kush, and prefer it with a nice hot cup of tea, but that's just me.

Is Zack an impulsive kind of player, or one that likes to bide his time and wait for the right moment? Sorry, couldn't resist...