Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Holding The Wire

First things first, check out the film's Kickstarter page for all the project details and how you can help make it a reality. If you are unfamiliar with this project where the hell have you been hiding out lately? Unlike the run-of-the-mill paintball video this is an effort to produce a fully realized documentary about tourney paintball and the people who play. If you want to help hit the link and check it out. If you're just curious hit the link and check it out.
Maybe this is a hard sell. Maybe after all the past efforts everybody is too jaded to care anymore or too cynical to believe another movie will make any difference. I understand if that's how you feel about it--'cus I know the feeling firsthand. But I'm gonna throw some support their way not because I expect it to revolutionize the game or open anybody's eyes to how great this sport can be but simply because I love the game and I want to see this movie when it's done. (And after excoriating the average paintball video just last week in The Monday Poll I better put some money where my mouth is.)
I'd like to think 'Holding the Wire' could be a break-through of sorts for competitive paintball but I'm not counting it--or even expecting it. I don't even know if it will be any good. What I do know is that there aren't enough stories about competitive paintball and I want more.

1 comment:

bmaafi said...

your welcome for the link :)