Monday, June 18, 2012

Not In The Paintball News

Is a brand new VFTD feature. It's the perfect catch-all category for the odd 'n' ends of all things paintball that don't quite measure up in importance or newsworthiness but at least momentarily catch my attention. After the socks that inevitably seem to disappear from the dryer this is where the remaining loose ends (and solo socks) get tucked away.
VFTD the Facebook page has a couple new items this week. A Father's Day wish for all the Poppas out there ands the first weekly Millennium reminder that so far no decision has been made regarding th drunk CPL ref who accosted some of my players Saturday night in Bitburg. I'ma try to post regular bits & pieces there that don't really merit regular blog posts--except of course when  'Not In The PB News.' So drop by now and then to see what you otherwise might have missed. Or you could follow VFTD on Twitter because I am still tweeting routinely, dammit.
Practice this past weekend went well even though the conditions weren't exactly what we expected. CPX made a special effort to be accommodating and even though we shared the field both days we ended up with productive practices with Infamous prepping for Chicago. Thanks to CPX and Infamous.
Less efficacious was the fire alarm going off in our hotel Sunday morning at 6 am. If I had been on the first or second floor I'd have stayed in bed. Up on the fourth I figured better safe (and annoyed) than sorry. The worst of it was when the fire department arrived and it took the first two firefighters about 5 minutes to decide whether or not to get out of their truck. Either it was a scheduled test or somebody burned the breakfast eggs but there was no real emergency and in a just world somebody would see to it I got that extra hour of sleep back--with interest. However I'm not holding my breath.
More importantly Dave (Bains) twisted his back fairly severely and likely will not be able to play the Chicago event though he will be with the team. (To preserve his reputation I won't tell you how it happened but you can ask him in Chicago.) We practiced on Sunday without Dave so we won't have to rethink too much fortunately and I'm confident the rest of the team will rally and pick up the slack.
So what's up with ProPB these days? Dog days of summer and all that but I kinda miss the old format and certainly the regular updates and postings. I know real life tends to intrude but say it ain't so, Justin.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention ProPB...

That's too bad.

The numbers sank hard with the transition to the new site. I hear Lane and the PbN crew had something to do with it...

Might want to ask him about that. ;)

ChuckF said...

Best wishes on a speedy recovery for Dave. I'm bummed but maybe this is a chance for Jason Edwards to further prove just how good of a back player he really is. Go Damage! :)

Anonymous said...

The new ProPb format is very poor and hard to.navigate. bring back.the old format, please.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious how Lane and PbN had anything to do with it. Or is that Hollowell guy going crazy on the web again?

Anonymous said...

Mystery Anon-

Show me yours and I'll show you mine. ;)

Baca Loco said...

Thanks, Chuck!