Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Moratorium on 'Interesting Times'

UPDATE: A couple of things. Apparently Chuck Geiling at JT doesn't approve and would like to talk. Via phone. I prefer email--it leaves a paper trail. So we'll see, I suppose. VFTD will--as always--be happy to post any official statement Chuck wants to make on behalf of JT Sports.

In addition, a rep for XSV tells me the team remains in negotiations with JT for the 2010 season.

Look, it's very simple. I call all this stuff rumors because that's what it is. I don't post on a single source and if I'm suspicious I wait to hear more. I hear a lot more than I pass on because despite appearances if somebody tells me certain info isn't to be posted, I don't. Gossip about teams and players I usually ignore. I know there is a market for it but I like to pretend VFTD is more than a gossip site.

Finally, there is one issue related to posting rumors, responsibly or otherwise, that I didn't consider until it was brought to my attention today. The potential impact on peripheral people who may be affected by a rumor. Since it's the holiday season I'm going to hold off posting the rest of the 'Interesting Times' items until next week. Am I being overly sensitive? Maybe. Probably even--but a few days won't change anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if Chuck doesn't know yet that he's unemployed as of feb 1?

Anonymous said...

It's his job to withhold this information hence while he is so up tight about it. I would be in his situation too. Bottomline, is any statements from anyone within the company doesn't clear this up, it just sugar coats it until they decide to release what is really happening. This has been coming for a long time, not just with JT, but someone( big industry player) has to go.....

Anonymous said...

our team was just offered a sponsorship with JT, I want to know more about this before we commit to converting our gear.... keep it up

Anonymous said...

I would take any offer you can get in these times.