Thursday, March 24, 2011

NPPL Pro Division on ESPN3

It's not news. I know. (Unless you've been living under a rock in a Geico commercial lately. I can't for the life of me remember if I used that lame joke recently or just planned on using it sometime. Either way you're stuck with it now.) It's not news, it's a reminder. A reminder to check out the live streaming video next weekend, the 1st thru the 3rd of April, on ESPN3. It will be available most everywhere although for much of the world it will be pay-per-view. (The title is a link to the NPPL which is presently prepping a links and connections page for all the tournament action.)
For those of you finding my mildly upbeat attitude disconcerting (distressing) (disorienting) (discombobulating) (I could go on) relax. I do not have my fingers crossed. I am not jumping up and down with glee. Or excitement. Or even repressed anxiety. I am not even slightly hopeful that this latest foray into competitive paintball on (almost) TV will work. Paintball's track record isn't good. This is but one, modest hurdle that must be surmounted before additional hurdles are put in our path. Yet, for all that, it remains an opportunity. An opportunity whose success you can contribute to simply by signing up and tuning in. (You don't even need to watch if you don't want to.) If you have any interest in competitive paintball being on TV tune in. (My laptop will be tuned in at our HB hotel while we're at the field.) It doesn't matter if you're skeptical. Or that you expect it to go no where--again. It's about making the most of the opportunities that come your way, and make no mistake, this is an opportunity. Tune in.

5 comments:

J-Bird said...

as a pro team coach/person, have you thought at all about how you can use this an opportunity to market your team? if so, how?

Baca Loco said...

J
On a pretty basic level the team made the commitment to participate in the NPPL in an ownership position. Beyond that there are a number of things currently in the works -- though they don't necessarily have anything to do directly with the TV efforts.
Details? You wanted details?

Mike said...

Baca,
I'm willing to be bribed to root on Damage (over Impact even!) from across the bond if you pay for my view.

Baca Loco said...

Why, Mike, you've already been bribed with the finest in free paintball commentary.

houdini said...

Just our luck in my neck of the South East Asian jungle ESPN 3 not available online... looks like I will have to google some proxy hack to work out how to view it...