Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dear Millennium Series

Last year when God kicked your ass in Malaga it wasn't just another game. It was a message. Given that many of you Euro-types aren't on speaking terms with the Almighty I'd like to help. The message is (and was): Get the hell off my beach and stay off!

Okay, I can see how you might have misunderstood the weather but this time you got the weather and a volcano. A volcano! Really? Please, Millennium Series, take the hint. You are seriously inconveniencing a sizable chunk of the planet with your obstinacy. And I'm pretty sure the next message includes a plague of locusts.

Cut everybody some slack and get with the program.

PS--God ain't thrilled with you peeps blaming him for your intransigence. He also thinks you're treating some of the teams pretty shabbily. Just saying.

7 comments:

Caranthir said...

LOL! I think its just an awful coincidence on the volcano part. Two years back, Malaga was beautiful unlike the last two events. Cloudy, drab sky really takes the fun factor a few notches down.

Janek said...

I think back in '08 they must have given his favourite team some bad calls...

Anonymous said...

Actually Northern Spain has pretty bad weather every April. It's just the MS' stupidity that has left the event like this, they didn't bother to check what the weather was like during that month the years before. If they moved the event to Spetember it would be ideal, it would be warm - but not too warm that players would be left exhausted, plus it's off the peak tourist season so flights would still be cheap.

anonachris said...

I think instances like this, and also back in Chicago a couple years ago where the PSP lost all that netting demonstrates where leagues need to be profitable, so when "acts of God" happen (every year or every other year) that cause a huge expense to the league and the players, the league is in a position to do something for its players (customers, I know some people hate that word).

Profits are not an evil word and it allows the leagues to weather storms like this or financial downturns. Of course, usually what happens is the league blows whatever money it has on stupid frills instead of saving for a rainy day anyway...So I should probably just delete this post, but I worked oh so hard typing it...

Anonymous said...

god hates paintball

Anonymous said...

God doesn't exists ... it's mother nature who's paying off everything we do to her

Full Bore said...

I was ticked off when my flight was cancelled, I was even more ticked off when the next available flight was Saturday lunchtime! As the weekend and airspace lock down progressed I got progressively less and less ticked off, especially when the airline notified me of the refund for my ticket, now all I need to do is claim back the hotel, car hire and transfers. Poll on Spain part 2 in Bitburg!