Occupation: Alta Brand Agency
Family: Brother Sean Mom Jo Ann Dad Tom
General interests other than paintball: Fresh threads and sick cars
1. What was your first paintball experience and who introduced you to the game?
I found the field myself - no one introduced me to the game. The first time I played paintball was at Old Indiana Fun Park. Way back in the day they had a Renaissance Village. Then they quit funding it and what was left was a huge old school medieval town. Some smart guys converted it into a paintball field. Still to this day it was the coolest paintball field I've ever attended. A swim suit and white tee shirt was my outfit for the day, and I was hooked instantly.
2. What team do you play for now?
3. What teams have you played for in the past?
Venom, Atmosfear, Farside Kids, Farside, Miami Effect, St. Louis Avalanche, Chicago Aftershock
4. What role do you play on your current team?
Back center / insert on the field. Off the field I'm also a coach, mentor, motivator, sponsor and owner.
5. Who are your favorite paintball players?
Jon Richardson, Todd Martinez and Danny Tiljack
6. What’s your best paintball experience or memory?
So far, winning the Las Vegas NPPL with all of my best friends on Farside in the Amateur division back in like '04.
7. What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve done in order to play paintball?
Drove in a rental mini van from Indianapolis to Washington DC to practice Arsenal, then drove back to Indianapolis. Then drove a rental mini van 2 days later from Indianapolis to Corona, CA to play the SC Village NPPL. Then drove home. Coast to coast in a van in a week.
8. What is the single most important lesson the up and comer needs to learn?
Stay hungry, stay humble, don't burn bridges, respect the OG's, don't talk shit behind people's backs and STAY ON THE GRIND. It took me 10 years of playing paintball to learn these things and many failed try outs before I went pro. It doesn't happen overnight. It takes time, grind and dedication.
9. What keeps you playing paintball?
I used to play paintball for all of my best friends on Farside back in the day on the amateur circuit. Then we all went pro together, then eventually the majority of them retired. At that point I had to figure out why I wanted to play paintball again. The answer came in the form of raising all of the NTK kids to go pro together with me. I play for all of them now.
10. Do you (or any of your teammates) have any superstitions related to playing paintball?
I gotta rock my Sandana. The one I currently have is about 9 years old and it's on its last leg. I've got a back up boy on deck though for when it finally gives out on me. I started in a Sandana and I will retire in one.