Friday, June 19, 2009

Enlistment for the Week

The latest numbers tell me there are lots of new visitors to our happy little blog --VFTD broke the 60+ country barrier last week--and it's been a while since we had a new recruit so I'd like to take a moment to explain the Deadbox Puppet Army for the uninitiated. The DPA is intended--given my warped sense of humor--to be an ironic poke at paintball's penchant for generating lookalike armies and the impulse for everybody to be individuals in large groups. (Can you say, agg?) If you were hoping to park your brain at the door and march in lockstep with your fellow puppets I'm afraid you will be disappointed. There won't be any of that here. We are all just simple victims of paintball, friends with a shared insanity--no strings attached.

Of course there is also the double super secret VFTD plan to conquer the paintball world relying on fifth columnist DPA members to soften up the enemy--and sell T-shirts. So join today. (I'm sure I'll get around to those T-shirts in no time at all. Oh, and I'm working on a secret handshake too. Hey, nobody ever said world domination was easy.)

A special VFTD thanks and welcome to our latest member, Demented Demon, for joining this week and proving beyond a shadow of doubt that the "follower" gadget still works. I was beginning to wonder. And for giving me an excuse to post all this DPA stuff. Again.

Stay thirsty, my friends

4 comments:

sdawg said...

DPA4LIFE! WHAT!

Are you on Twitter yet?

Baca Loco said...

NO Twitter, NO Facebook, NO MySpace
Seriously, I can barely use a cell phone.

Reiner Schafer said...

Haha. We MUST be from the same generation. Those words could have come out of my mouth.

SSRoman said...

The generation that uses those can barely use them...