Monday, April 18, 2011

The Monday Poll

I confess I have no idea how this is gonna turn out. The Monday Poll this week, duh. Everybody knows PBN is the 800 lb gorilla in this contest but I don't necessarily see heavy crossover between VFTD & PBN. (Btw, that would be the 364 kilo gorilla for our Euro friends.) What contest is that, you ask? The one our Euro pals didn't bother to contribute to and the one you would know about if you'd read the post, 'VFTD needs you,' last week. Yeah, that one. This week's poll question gives you three tries to identify your favorite paintball site(s) on the world wide web. I am leaving VFTD off the list since VFTD is hosting the poll and I'm leaving the other sidebar blogs off since most of them are less active than Mt. Aetna. Otherwise the list of options will include every site (and link) listed under Paintball Around the Web plus any extras y'all suggested and maybe one or two or three others. If you don't like the list, bite me, you had plenty of opportunity to help make it better. So go on and work off some of your hostility picking your three favorite paintball sites on the web--and while you're doing that I will assume you would have included VFTD if given the opportunity. This way I can continue to delude myself without fear of contradiction, after all, how could I possibly continue without your daily affirmations? (Yes, that was off the charts on the sarcasm meter.) Now quit dawdling and get to voting.

Monday Poll in Review
Last week VFTD borrowed the then budding brouhaha stirring over at P8ntballer to keep the string of Monday Polls going. Besides it was (sorta) interesting and I was making a play for the paintball geek crowd. I'm not proud, one of these week's I'll go for the gun whores if it ever comes down to that. (Please God, no.) Sadly the dust up didn't last long as it was all mostly misunderstandings and before long they were all singing round the campfire. (Frankly, it was nauseating.) The issue in question was whether or not greater shot-to-shot consistency of operation would, all other things being equal, improve accuracy. 71% agreed with the basic premise although 42% qualified their agreement by being uncertain as to how much real world impact that improvement would have. Another 20% were more or less in the same boat but were less certain of the science involved what with talk of fluid dynamics and laminar flows. The remaining 8% dissented and insisted that consistency was not synonymous with accuracy.

7 comments:

Don Saavedra said...

This is funny. I don't go to any of those. Recently PBN just to keep tabs on what the kids are saying about the two webcasts I was fortunate to be a part of. Other than that, it's VFTD and that's it. So I can't really answer the poll about my "favorites." Heck, I get more interaction and updates re: paintball on Facebook than anywhere else.

Baca Loco said...

I know, I know, Now. It should have been M. Carter Brown, not whatever I did--but once a vote is cast I can't change anything. And if you are familiar enough with the site to complain I feel confident my error won't cost them any votes.

Facebook, Don? You and the girls going to get a pedicure later?

J-Bird said...

Normal rotation for me is VFTD, Pro paintball, Pbn and MCarter

Don Saavedra said...

What I do with the girls is none of your business. (How did you know?)

ScotchMonster said...

The neighbors to the North, especially centrally like to check out www.tdotballers.com Typical mix of forums with a base of 12K +

Israel said...

I think the list is to general. Different sites are used for different things, maybe you should have broken up the poll into different categories.

I go to Gary's site for photos, I go to ProPb for gossip about Pro stuff, 68Cal for News in General, PbNation for videos, My site for Videos, etc, etc.

Israel said...

too*