Thursday, October 2, 2008

Aftermath NXL Kaput

This appears to be true. I'm presuming it means no World Cup which is gonna leave everybody scrambling and probably means a 5 team 4 prelim match round one which doesn't thrill me but is what it is. I guess Vic Mackey and the Strike Team hit Mike's money train. (Pop Culture reference you may not get but trust me, it's funny.)

Update: It's official. Hinman has released a public statement light on detail while being politically correct (in paintball terms). Ostensibly the issue was competing in two leagues became too heavy a commitment for a team of primarily young players with other real world commitments. And that may be completely true. Almost all of my guys have school and/or work issues too as, I'm sure, do members of nearly every team out there. Even so don't discount the cost of competing in this equation. I know I sound like Chicken Little here on the subject of failing pro teams but that only makes me annoying, not wrong.

6 comments:

Gabriel R. said...

One of the higher profile up-and-coming teams that's actually doing well can't afford to attend World Cup?

Are things really that bad?

Baca Loco said...

Don't really know Gabriel. That crack was just a joke. Regardless of SD's specific situation however, yes, things really are that bad.

Anonymous said...

I'm only speculating, but up-and-coming may be the operative words. When they signed their sponsorship deals in the off-season, they were negotiating as a soon-to-be 1st year pro team. Maybe they're 'bout out of paint?

Gabriel R. said...

It's unfortunate. They burst out of the gates blasting this season. I would think, with their momentum (podium finishes), that their sponsors would get behind them and keep the ball rolling.

Anonymous said...

Princes to poppers. Welcome to paintball.

Anonymous said...

here's my thing -- they were able to do it every year in divisional play, aftermath has been a staple d1 psp team, i dont understand the move to 7 man.