Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Alphabet Strikes Back

In a special after action report from WC 'The Ford Report' mentioned a meeting of the PSTA and Paintball Extravaganza which naturally got me thinking (again) about just what to expect from the PSTA in the future. So I cast the tarot cards, read the tea leaves and splattered the blood and entrails of a goose and divined an answer. Just to be extra cautious–can't be too cautious when predicting the future–I double checked my answer with the Magic 8 ball.
Prediction: PSTA will be a highly exclusive PBIndustry club that uses its reach and influence to maintain as much marketplace control as possible. What'dya mean I didn't need to whack a goose to see that one coming?
Here's the thing. So far the PSTA doesn't appear to be set-up to take new members and so far the PSTA's "outreach" has been to Paintball Extravaganza. And interestingly enough PE is a project aimed at gathering all manner of PB retailers together in one place. Also interesting is that PE is the baby of the only guy on the PSTA board nobody ever heard of before (or at least isn't a well known, high profile PB bigwig). And what would an exclusive group of PB manufacturers like more than to meet, greet and sell to as large a gathering of PB retailers in one place at one time as possible? While acing out all that pesky competition?
Of course I could be completely wrong even though I did read Tarot Made Easy and had Madame Zelda assisting me with the tea leaves interpretation. In fact, I would like to be wrong. If you think I am wrong about this please set me straight. Here's a good place to start. It's been such a long time since I was wrong I've forgotten what it feels like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, you couldn't put a link to the Ford Report post in there?

*pout*

You're killing me here, Paul...

Baca Loco said...

I'll see if Dale has it up on The Ford Report and if he does I'll get you your link. Whiner.
Or you could subscribe -- I got my after action report straight to my email. ;)