Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Major League Paintball Held Hostage, Day 41

Today is T minus 1 and official registration ends at 11:59 PM. At 3:30 PM EST there were 122 teams paid including 12 pro teams and 157 teams registered. At a guess I will put the final number of participating teams at between 130 - 135. The Phoenix Open '08 had 123 teams total.

Announcement: This will be the last daily update on MLP held hostage. Doing it as a daily has taken up time that could be put to more productive blog use–I have a queue of posts waiting to be finished I simply haven't had time for. Like Enlistments, I will do a weekly update on MLP held hostage unless or until a subject or event warrants giving it more attention. (So you can all breath a sigh of relief.)

The posts awaiting completion are: The Pro Team Crack-Up; The Flipside of Classification; The Iron Law of Tournament Logistics and PSP vs. AXBL. I will get to them as I'm able.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm curious about your axbl v. psp piece...did you play in the axbl?

Baca Loco said...

No, but I have hated every retreat from the old NXL's 25 minute halves and "real" match play. :) However, the post is less a direct comparison and more about using the two leagues as examples.

Mark790.06 said...

2, 25 minutes halves and yet they still had you play a best of 3? I want to see the best play it out but why 150 minutes worth?

Anonymous said...

You're welcome for the AXBL info.

Baca Loco said...

If I was any more grateful I'd volunteer to bear your children.

Anonymous said...

wow...that's impressive. If you have anymore questions, let me know.