Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Major League Paintball Held Hostage, Day 19

Boy, oh boy. What have I gotten myself into with this hostage business? If nothing else it's starting to drive me crazy. (Crazier?)
If you didn't check out the PIG's interview with the Chuckster give it a read--preferably between the lines. If franchise holding pro players are out at the beach putting up poles and netting and tents I think the new USPL could make a few extra bucks selling tickets. And if pros are squeegeeing bunkers on Saturday for the D3 kids I'm buying a ticket! What with enriching amateur teams and mentoring divisional teams and doing the event prep work I hope the pro teams have time to play. (No, this isn't a violation of my self-imposed moratorium from yesterday--these are merely observations, not judgments. Lighten up.)

9 comments:

Tim Cerruti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim Cerruti said...

Why moving giant poles in order to put up netting is just a part of training

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Warpig still exists, they have one new article every six months.

Anonymous said...

They're releasing something new regularly.

Baca Loco said...

Hey Anon,
Which is it? Make up your mind.

Anonymous said...

I'm the first one, I assume the second "anonymous" means to say they're releasing new material at regular intervals, otherwise I have no idea what they're talking about. Apart from putting field layouts up they hardly ever post anything new.

Anonymous said...

What home fields can support a full blown national tournament? just wondering.

Baca Loco said...

Man, you anons are beginning to confuse me.

Who said anything about a full blown national tourney. USPL is talking regional tournaments and one of the possible Eastern Conference locations could do it without too much trouble.

SC said...

agreed with Baca, there are several fields that could do it...but out of 6 events i only see 2 eastern events, which worries me.

Formats should not become region based imo.